[gst-devel] GStreamer performance

Lucas Di Pentima lucas at lunix.com.ar
Sun Apr 25 01:18:14 CEST 2004

Hi folks,

I'm testing GStreamer because I want to add background music to my game
project[1]. I've read the online guide and tested the examples,
wow...I'm amazed with the simplicity of GStreamer, but I've had a
performance problem with version 0.6.4 (the one that comes with Debian
Sarge and Mandrake 9.2).

I run the example on a gnome terminal window and the MP3 runs fine, but
when I start moving the window (or any other task) the MP3 starts
hearing jittered.

What I want to know if this is a problem of this version, I didn't found
it on the bugzilla.

Best regards,

Lucas Di Pentima - Santa Fe, Argentina - Jabber ID: lucas at lunix.com.ar
LUNIX: Soluciones en GNU/Linux - http://www.lunix.com.ar
GnuPG Public Key:
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6AA54FC9
Key fingerprint = BD3B 08C4 661A 8C3B 1855  740C 8F98 3FCF 6AA5 4FC9