[gst-devel] splitup proposal

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Mon Aug 2 10:22:01 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 18:38 +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> So, to give you an idea:
> gst-plugins would contain x sinks, osssink, alsasink, esdsink, volume,
> ffmpegcolorspace, ogg, vorbis, theora, matroska, audioscale,
> audioconvert, tcp, ...
> gst-plugins-extra would contain mad, mpeg2dec, mpeg plugins, swfdec, ...

This sounds good to me.  Just for reference, here is the list of plugins
Fedora is currently patching out:

ext/mad
ext/mpeg2dec
ext/mpeg2enc
gst/mpeg1sys
gst/mpeg1videoparse
gst/mpeg2sub
gst/mpegaudio
gst/mpegaudioparse
gst/mpegstream

However, I just noticed that we still include e.g. lame in the tarball
(although it is not built).  Fixing that now...