[gst-devel] gst-register question

Robert Stewart rstewart at xvdcorp.com
Fri Aug 20 10:05:08 CEST 2004

Could someone please explain to me how gst-register works?

I am trying to register a new plugin that I am developing
and am not having any success at getting gst-register to even
see the new plugin.  The printouts from gst-register tell me
that it is finding all of the standard plugins that come with
the core and plugin code, but does not say anything about the
new plugin that I am working on.

How does gst-register find the plugins that it registers?  Is
there some master database someplace that I am missing?

Thanks much!