[gst-devel] gst-register question

Martin Soto soto at informatik.uni-kl.de
Fri Aug 20 13:31:05 CEST 2004

Hi!

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 19:04, Robert Stewart wrote:
> Could someone please explain to me how gst-register works?
>
> I am trying to register a new plugin that I am developing
> and am not having any success at getting gst-register to even
> see the new plugin.  The printouts from gst-register tell me
> that it is finding all of the standard plugins that come with
> the core and plugin code, but does not say anything about the
> new plugin that I am working on.
>
> How does gst-register find the plugins that it registers?  Is
> there some master database someplace that I am missing?

Try putting the directory with your compiled plugin in the
GST_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable. I use something like

  export GST_PLUGIN_PATH=/home/soto/devel/myproject:/home/soto/devel/gst-plugins:/home/soto/devel/gst-ffmpeg

gst-register searches the directories in the list recursively, so you
may specify a basis directory and let gst-register search for all
plugins lying there somewhere in the hierarchy.

Hope this helps,

M. S.
--
Martin Soto <soto at informatik.uni-kl.de>