[gst-devel] Problem in working with helloworld sample

Dinesh Ahuja mdlinux7 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Aug 21 10:30:06 CEST 2004

I am new to GStreamer and have installed all the
neccessary packages and tarball files in my RHLinux
9.0.

I am facing problem in the below functions calls which
gets failed:
 /* now it's time to get the decoder */
  decoder = gst_element_factory_make ("mad",
"decoder");
  if (!decoder) {
   g_print ("could not find pluginasasa \"mad\"");
   return -1;
  }
  /* and an audio sink */
  osssink = gst_element_factory_make ("osssink",
"play_audio");
  g_assert (osssink);

In my case both calls to gst_element_factory_make gets
failed. I have used gst-inspect to get the details of
mad and osssink plgins and they are as follows:
[root at localhost bin]# gst-inspect ossaudio
INFO ( 2391: 0) Initializing GStreamer Core Library
version 0.6.4
INFO ( 2391: 0) CPU features: (03020101) MMX SSE
INFO ( 2391: 0) registry: loaded user_registry in
0.000281 seconds
          (/root/.gstreamer/registry.xml)
INFO ( 2391: 0) registry: loaded global_registry in
0.303135 seconds
          (/var/cache/gstreamer-0.6/registry.xml)
Plugin Details:
  Name:         ossaudio
  Long Name:    (null)
  Filename:
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.6/libgstossaudio.so

  osssink: Audio Sink (OSS)
  osssrc: Audio Source (OSS)
  ossgst: Audio Wrapper (OSS)

  3 features:
  +-- 3 elements

What could be reason for the failing of those
functions? Please any can guide me over this point.
I have updated LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.6 path.

Thanks & Regards
Dinesh