[gst-devel] Tag & Metainfo

francois.visconte francois.visconte at free.fr
Thu Aug 26 01:40:02 CEST 2004

Benjamin Otte wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Ronald Bultje wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, francois.visconte wrote:
>>

>>>I'm developping a kind of player and i would like to use gstreamer for
>>>playback. Reading documentation i have discovered that gstreamer offer
>>>tag metadata information backend.
>>>It seem to be a recent feature of gstreamer so i would like to know if
>>>this interface
>>>is usable for most usable format (mp3, ogg, flac) for now
>>>

>>Yes. RB uses it in some sort of following fashion:
>>

>That part is correct. Rhythmbox uses it for reading tags and it works
>without problems for at least mp3 and ogg. People told me that flac and
>windows media work fine, too.

I'm using rythmbox (0.8.99, tla version) and gstreamer-plugins  0.8.3
and my rythmbox crash on tag reading of a wma file. I tryed to launch this
"src ! spider ! audio/x-raw-int ! fakesink" on my wma file with
gstreamer 0.8
and it cause gstreamer  to crash too.
(for info , gstreamer crach on gst_tag_list_get_tag_size (list, tag);
when trying to read
the "comment" tag of the wma file (http://kh3.org/~fv/1.wma)