[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] ensonic gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ gst-plugins/docs/ gst-plugins/docs/libs/ gst-plugins/docs/libs/tmpl/

Stefan Kost kost at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Wed Dec 29 06:28:09 CET 2004

Hi Thomas and others,

sorry for the mess, short before the hollidays. What about the following approach:
1) we leave the gt-doc stuff out, building take long enough indeed
2) when splitting the plgins the libs become a separate package (gst-libs)
3) then I try to properly re-add the gtk-doc stuff

I must admin, I've skipped the distcheck, because it all taskes too long and
some of the buildbots had already problems with distcheck before my commit.
On the other hand, mybae I should stop doing a thousand things at once ...

Finally, do we have an concrete idea, when we do the splitting.

Stefan

Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 13:25 +0100, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller
> wrote:
>
>>I just fixed this. Basically the problem was that you where not disting
>>the docs directory and its contents.
>

> I fixed it to actually dist the docs subdir, but this was not enough.
>
> I disabled docs building again for now because otherwise other stuff is
> going to break unnoticed.
>
> If you're going to fix this properly, please verify before committing
> that "make distcheck" works without problems.  After committing, check
> to make sure the buildbot agrees with you.
>
> The reason I haven't done this myself yet (I have wanted to) is that I
> have taken a vow to spend as little time as possible on the gst-plugins
> build setup UNTIL WE SPLIT UP THE PLUGINS - because it takes about 15
> minutes to run autogen on my machine.
>
> Thomas
>

> Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://www.davedina.org/
> <-*- thomas (dot) apestaart (dot) org -*->
> When somebody knows you well
> well there's no comfort like that
> And when somebody loves you well
> well there's no drug like that
> <-*- thomas (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->
> URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.fm/

      \|/            Stefan Kost
     <@ @>           private            business