[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] ensonic gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ gst-plugins/docs/ gst-plugins/docs/libs/ gst-plugins/docs/libs/tmpl/

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Dec 29 08:43:31 CET 2004

Hi,

> sorry for the mess, short before the hollidays. What about the following approach:
> 1) we leave the gt-doc stuff out, building take long enough indeed
> 2) when splitting the plgins the libs become a separate package (gst-libs)
> 3) then I try to properly re-add the gtk-doc stuff

That was what I was going to do, yep.  If you will do it at that time,
all the better.

> I must admin, I've skipped the distcheck, because it all taskes too long

bad bad ! :) If you touch the build, you MUST run make distcheck.  If it
takes too long, don't touch the build :)

>  and
> some of the buildbots had already problems with distcheck before my commit.

Ok, but that's exactly why people shouldn't commit when the buildbot is
broken.  It layers error upon error and nobody knows what's really going
on.

> On the other hand, mybae I should stop doing a thousand things at once ...

Well, no :) We appreciate your work, just make sure it's moving along in
a productive manner for everyone.

> Finally, do we have an concrete idea, when we do the splitting.

Yep !

Thomas

It's not you
It's the E talking