[gst-devel] demux with spider?

Mathew Spencer matthew.spencer at eu.sony.com
Fri Feb 6 07:46:39 CET 2004

Hi all,
I am currently trying to write an MXF file demuxer with autoplug
capabilities.

The mxfdemux type_find function has been written and returns a caps
structure with the type 'video/x-mxf'.

The problem I am running into is that the src caps for the demultiplexer
are generated dynamicly after the stream metadata has been processed.
This in turn means that the spider thinks that the demux has no src caps
when it is trying to build the pipeline.

The pipeline I am trying to run is
  gst-launch-0.7 filesrc location=somefile.mxf ! spider ! ffcolorspace !
ximagesink
whereas this pipeline works find
  gst-launch-0.7 filesrc location=somfile.mxf ! mxfdemux ! spider !
ffcolorspace ! ximagesink

Have I missed the point here?

Thanks for your time,

Mat

The information contained in this message or any of its
attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee. If you are not the
addressee any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other
dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited