[gst-devel] can gstream help us

dan dan at the-sea.com
Tue Feb 24 07:23:20 CET 2004

we are a small design company and have built a service for making
little stories on the web.

we have hacked together a media manipulation program but wonder whether
gstreamer is a better solution.

basically, we want people to upload pictures, sounds and video in any
format and then to convert the incoming data into compressed files,
either jpg for pictures, mp3 mono 16bit for audio, mp4 for video.
Ideally we should also be able to modify the size of the media output
(from any size to a mxa width of 200px for example).

at the moment we can't convert a gsm wav file to an mp3

all our programming is done in php/perl/postgresql on debian.

if you can help that would be great.

cheers

dan

dan phillips