[gst-devel] question re: debugging categories in libraries

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.ugent.be
Tue Feb 24 07:23:22 CET 2004

Hi,

general question that I'm wondering about wrt libraries using GStreamer
adding debugging categories.

* libraries could do a gst_library_init () method that sets up the
debugging category, among other things

* --gst-debug-help is parsed through gst_init.

* it is customary to have apps run gst_library_init () after gst_init ()

* this means there is no way for a lib to initialize debug categories
before gst_init is called, *unless* we do something ugly like pre_init
and post_init.

Any suggestions ?

Thomas

There's nothing I want to see