[gst-devel] Error messages printed on console

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Feb 26 02:34:01 CET 2004

Hi Ronald,

> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Johan Dahlin wrote:
> > Do we really want to end up in the situation where we were in 0.6, with
> > lots of crap written on the console?
>
> That's my fault, I made error dialogs of some of them but forgot some.
> I'll fix that later. Please make bugzilla reports for each one that you
> see and I'll fix it. Make sure it's CVS HEAD and not a previous release.

Huh ? I'm not sure where this is your fault - the reason this happens is
because GST_ELEMENT_ERROR has a GST_ERROR_OBJECT call.  I agree that it
shouldn't print out errors by default, so I'm changing this to
GST_WARNING_OBJECT instead.  Since an application can decide to recover
from an error, it really shouldn't be treated as an error for debugging
purposes.

Thomas

I'm alive.
I can tell because of the pain.