[gst-devel] udpsrc (newbie question #2)

Thomas Comiotto comiotto at rcfmedia.ch
Thu Jan 8 12:33:04 CET 2004

Hello again,

Thanks for your responsiveness...

Am Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2004 20.31 schrieb Zeeshan Ali:

> > I am working on a networked video-performance arts
> > project and therefore I
> > would need the networking a/v part of gstreamer...
>
>     I think you would'nt be needing audio to be sent
> to each workstation, right? So why not try playing
> audio locally at the server & send ONLY the video to
> the workstations?

Well - I think I do need the audio channel since in our setup the server is
actually the client aehm..; the basic idea is to have sort of a video-hub /
mixmatrix mixing and sequencing several live-feeds (audio AND video) into one
resulting a/v stream according to current stock prices of soy-beans (not
joking:) and send out this resulting stream again mpeg encoded.

live-feed a/v (live-capture, stock a/v muxed)
             \
live-feed a/v |- demux / decode / mixmatrix / sequencing server |- feed -->
                                  dada-feed (live-capture, stock a/v muxed)

So I should at least be able to demux a/v recieved via _some_ sort of
networking protocol on the server. This is what you did on the 'client' side
I suppose...

I only spent a couple of hours with gstreamer till now so probably I just need
to find my way round here - but it keeps on complaining about different and
optimal schedulers;

thank you,
Thomas