[gst-devel] state of the union

Julien MOUTTE jmoutte at electronic-group.com
Thu Jan 8 23:09:01 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 18:02, in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de wrote:
> Quoting "David I. Lehn" <dlehn at vt.edu>:
>
> > * Julien MOUTTE <jmoutte at electronic-group.com> [2004-01-07T15:12:59-0500]:
> > > So if we are about to put maintainers on plugins i raise my hand to
> > > maintain : ximagesink, xvimagesink, libgstplay and switch.
> > >

> > Just keep in mind that other videosinks are available and (in theory?)
> > they should be somewhat interchangable.  Or at least that's how users
> > will probably see it.  Some coordination is needed between GstVideoSink,
> > video related interface, and all the videosinks.

All videosink should inherit from GstVideoSink, most part of it went
away in XOverlay but we will need to think about that some more...

I think that the desired_size should maybe be splitted in a Overlay
interface as it has nothing specific with X.

OTOH i don't really want to finnish with 100 interfaces..

Julien MOUTTE - jmoutte at electronic-group.com
C.T.O.

ELECTRONIC GROUP INTERACTIVE - www.electronic-group.com
World Trade Center, Moll de BARCELONA
Edificio Norte 4 Planta
08039 BARCELONA SPAIN
Tel : +34 93600 23 23 Fax : +34 93600 23 10