[gst-devel] int2float - float2int is broken?

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Jan 21 02:32:02 CET 2004

El mar, 20-01-2004 a las 22:29, Shanat Krishnamurti escribió:
> hello,
>
> i am having problems with the int2float plugin.
>
> this works
> src ! mad ! int2float ! float2int ! osssink

works because int2float puts out float data and float2int accepts float
data.

> ------------------------------------
> this doesnt
> src ! mad ! int2float ! volume ! float2int ! osssink

doesn't work because volume works on integer data and int2float serves
float data.  volume can be made to work with float, but then someone
needs to do it.

> nor does this
> src ! mad ! int2float ! identity ! float2int ! osssink

This ought to work in theory.  Dave, anything wrong with this ?

> however:
>  when i do this:
> src ! mad ! int2float ! ladspa-identity ! float2int ! osssink
> then it works !!!

works because ladspa operates on float data.

> and when i do this:
> src ! mad ! int2float ! ladspa-mbeq ! float2int ! osssink
> i get this:
> WARNING **: error scheduling group 0x81c1430

Try with different schedulers and see what it gives (--gst-help should
tell you how)

> this make me tear my hair out, because i cannot figure out where the problems are.

Well, apart from the last pipeline none of your previous ones actually
do anything useful.  Maybe tell us what it is in the end you want to get
to work ?

>  why do we have to use ints anyway. cant everything be done internaly in float. simplify.
Why do we use computers ? Abacuses and clay tablets work fine :)
Throwing out huge chunks that work just because they're int and you
don't like int won't help us much ... Let's focus on what you want to do
and get that to work.

Thomas

Get off that stuff, she said
And I'll stone you instead