[gst-devel] gtk-doc in plugins

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Jan 26 06:43:03 CET 2004

El lun, 26-01-2004 a las 15:35, Ronald Bultje escribió:
> On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 13:20, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > two people (Ronald and Julien) would like gtk-doc set up properly in
> > gst-plugins.  I have no intention on doing that however since touching
> > the build system in gst-plugins is a huge timesink...
> >
> > I'm willing to proofread/test patches though.
> >
> > Suggestions ? Volunteers ?
>
> I volunteer to take a flight to Barcelona and personally kick you in the
> back.

Hehe :) sounds like a plan, make sure you do some weightlifting first
though :)

>  I'll try to find time to do this, though. Should be an easy
> copy-paste from core. I hope... :-/.

I hope so too.  And I'd do it if I wasn't fed up with how damned long it
takes to autogen the plugins.  I want you guys to feel the pain so you
understand why I want to get that time a lot smaller :)

> PS the fact that I start writing documentation also means that I spend
> less time on helping out with issues on IRC, answering questions over
> email or writing actual elements, so in the end you don't win anything
> at all here.

Resorting to blackmailing now, are you :) I'm just trying to think
longterm here.  gst-plugins are they are are unmaintainable, and I speak
from experience.  The fact that the build gets broken as soon as someone
tries to change the build says enough.

You know what I'm getting at, but I'm not going to say so myself... So
I'm leaving it as is for now.  I love working on the build, but it needs
to be manageable.

Thomas

Say what you mean
or you won't mean a thing to me