[gst-devel] gtk-doc in plugins

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Mon Jan 26 12:04:07 CET 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 05:11:16PM +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> El lun, 26-01-2004 a las 16:08, Benjamin Otte escribi??:
> > On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> >
> > > El lun, 26-01-2004 a las 13:32, Benjamin Otte escribi????:
> > >
> > > What needs integrating ?
> > >
> > I'd like to write a Makefile.am for docs something like this:
> >
> > DOC_MODULE = gst-api-docs
> > gst_api_docs_SOURCES = $(top_srcdir)/gst/
> >
> > and then have it build my docs.
> > Kinda like libtool integration.
>
> Yeah, that would be nice - but I doubt it will happen.  gtk-doc is just
> too GLib-specific, so I don't think the automake people will want to
> support it, let alone work on it.

Better would be to have generic automake add-ons.  I've wanted to add
classes of build types to automake for several reasons, including
building kernel modules and for things like specialib.  For libtool,
it's all hard-coded in automake itself, which is why it works.  Using
Makefile snippets is less than ideal.

dave...