Status reports towards 0.8: was Re: [gst-devel] Totem, Gst-Player, libgstplay showstoppers

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Jan 27 04:15:09 CET 2004

Things I want to work on:

- autoplugging.
It's what I'm currently thinking about. But I'm not going to start coding
on this until I have a clear idea where I want to go. Currently I don't
have one. And I want the autoplugger to just work, so it's important for
me that I do it right. (Plus you know my perfectionism related to that...)

- has_{audio,video} (gchar *file);
Given a filename, does this have audio? Write a function that figures this
out so we know if we should add the file to our playlist. This doesn't
work without a new autoplugger. And it leads directly to:

- read out tags from a given list of files
Kinda self explanatory.

And because all of this is blocking right now, I'm mainly focussing on
bugfixing stuff or fixing what's annoying me in general. In the last days
that included:
- fixing a nasty typefinding problem in streamdetection
- hacking on vorbisdec and oggdemux
- getting asfdemux to work on different machines
- clocking
and was heavily influenced by problems people had in IRC.

Benjamin