Status reports towards 0.8: was Re: [gst-devel] Totem, Gst-Player, libgstplay showstoppers

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Jan 27 06:39:59 CET 2004

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 22:49, Christian Schaller wrote:
[..]

The Gnome-related issues seem all fixed, for as far as I can fix them.
GSR works with current HEAD/CVS, pending some negotiation errors. I
currently don't have any open GSR bugs that belong to me. Gst-mixer
works with OSS. Leif/Benjamin will hopefully fix ALSA.

Then, my current TODO list, in no particular order:
- fixing up docs (PWG)
- fixing broken media files (I'll only work on video though, don't
expect any audio work from me), both playback and recording.
- go to NYC and graduate. Once there, I'm currently expecting to do
about the same what Andy's currently doing: nothing much, just
background work.

In NYC, I'll probably work on long-term goals:
- rewrite avimux, asfmux, finish mpeg2enc/mplex integration, create more
video encoders/muxers, ...
- finish gst-rec and release it (most important missing feature for now
is video profiles. I've got a lot of code locally which add this, but
will probably wait a while longer before committing).
- work on a DVD/media transcoder.

I'll be back in 6 months. :).

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer