[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] company gstreamer: gstreamer/ gstreamer/gst/

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Jul 2 05:58:05 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Andy Wingo wrote:

> I'd like to echo this. Soundscrape relies on linking elements outside of
> bins. Aside from the fact that it would be difficult to implement it any
> other way, the change breaks apps in a stable series. These checks are
> scheduling checks, and as such should probably be done by the scheduler.
> In any case, please revert :-)

Please fix soundscrape to not do this anyway as it's broken behaviour.

If you think it's not broken behaviour to have one part of a link
in one scheduler and the other part in another or no scheduler, please
enlighten me how we should check this.

It's not that I'm proud of this patch or something but I don't want this
broken behaviour.
Benjamin