[gst-devel] OGM support for oggdemux

Ronald S. Bultje R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl
Mon Jul 5 00:09:28 CEST 2004

Hi,

Sun, 2004-07-04 at 17:53, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> I don't like that patch, for a simple reason: I intend oggdemux to stay agnostic
> of the contents and get caps information and so on via typefinding and external
> elements.

Is Ogg any different from OGM? As in, are the streams somewhat
different? If so, you could make a separate ogmdemux element that is a
subclass of oggdemux, and have that specifically handle OGM, while
oggdemux keeps handling Ogg only.

If not, I'm affraid we have no solution for this problem and I'm affraid
we'll have to apply the patch anyway; I don't think you can typefind the
OGM-supported codecs, can you...

Ronald