[gst-devel] playbin testing

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Jul 14 10:59:14 CEST 2004

Hi Josh,

> I'm not sure how FLAC is implemented in gstreamer, but the
> next FLAC release will have seeking implemented for Ogg FLAC
> (i.e. there are now seekable stream and file decoder and encoder
> APIs in libOggFLAC).  It's already in CVS.

I'm not sure myself how the Ogg+FLAC integration works.  Is the FLAC
stream inside an Ogg exactly the same as a standalone FLAC stream ?

In GStreamer, the ogg demuxer just spits out the buffers for FLAC to
decode.  The actual decoding element is linked to libflac only.

If the stream inside the ogg is the same as standalone, this should work
and we probably have some bugs to fix.  If they're not the same, I guess
our only option is to create a second plugin linked to libOggFLAC
instead ?

What do you think ?

Thomas

Smelled you on my hand for days