[gst-devel] fractions

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Wed Jul 14 15:28:02 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 11:44:54PM +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> What would it represent, what practical use would it have, and how would
> it deal with trying to display 13.2948 by 48.345891 pixels ?  Seems like
> a non-issue to me.

You're going to have to deal with that issue anyway.  So far, it
appears you've been pretending that issue doesn't exist.  How do
you resize a 256x256 video for a 5/4 pixel display?

In any case, at this point, I think it's wiser to just have a
"Number" type, which can be represented by an integer, double,
or fraction of integers.  This also neatly gets rid of having
multiple range types.

(Continued fractions are left as an excercise for the reader.)

dave...