[gst-devel] seeking horribly broken with alsasink

Ronald S. Bultje R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl
Wed Jul 14 19:24:01 CEST 2004

Hi all,

in current CVS, seeking in Rhythmbox with audiosink set to alsasink
seems horribly broken. It's usually many seconds, often up to a minute
off, both in where it ends up w.r.t. the position where I seeked to, and
in time that it specifies after the seek w.r.t. the position where it
actually is. Sometimes, it doesn't end up anywhere and just goes to the
next song after a seek. In most cases, I also get seconds or even up to
a minute of silence after a seek. This is with pretty much any mp3 I
throw at it (80% of my music collection is mp3).

All this is specific to alsasink, osssink works fine. I'm pretty sure I
fixed alsasink for this a while ago, which means someone broke it again.
Please don't do that, and please fix it, I don't want to keep fixing
issues that I already fixed. Please also test when making changes to
alsasink, because it appears people don't do this.

Ronald