[gst-devel] [patch] add xml support in python bindingsFrom

daniel.poelzleithner poelzi at poelzi.org
Thu Jul 15 04:27:10 CEST 2004

Hi,

> Looks quite good. However, I can't really see why you'd like to access
> the XML functions in Gst instead of using an xml parser directly.

Is there another way to load xml pipline descriptions ? I didn't found one
without the gst xml functions.

> Can you give me any use cases?

I'm working on a multi media p2p jukebox written in python. There will be
a set of piplines included, but the pro user should be able to customize
the piplines with the gst-editor and will not have to touch any code. I
like the idea to modulize this via xml, which was one major reason for
using gstreamer. Tabula-Musica will analyze the parsed pipline and plugs
it into the player subsystem.

Regards
 Daniel

--
it takes, takes, takes, and gives nihil back, nihil, nihil, nihiln