[gst-devel] "bounties"/...

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Jul 15 12:58:01 CEST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Josh Green wrote:

> From here I have a few questions in order to proceed, please forgive my
> ignorance regarding GStreamer architecture.

Hehe, ignorace about GStreamer architecture is gonna bite you real soon -
or directly in my next answer. ;)

> - How should these boxed structures be routed around? (Swami uses a
> control network which handles networking of arbitrary GValues)

Currently the only way to pass around data in GStreamer is in memory
regions (called buffers). There is no way to pass custom structs. So you
will need to pass the raw midi stream.

> - What kind of mime type should be assigned to a MIDI event stream?

We're loosely mimicking normal mimetypes here. So you should probably use
something like audio/x-midi-raw or application/x-midi-raw (is midi audio
or general?) for a raw midi stream.

Good luck with starting to hack on GStreamer. Be sure to be in our IRC
channel, that helps for quickly answering simple questions.

Benjamin