[gst-devel] plugin maintainership issues

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Jul 20 15:41:04 CEST 2004

Hi,

lately some people have commited stuff to either ximagesink or
xvimagesink.  A lot of times these commits only change one of the two
when the respective fix should also be done for the other.  Julien has
asked before to either
a) fix it properly in both
b) file the bug, assign the bug to him, and let him work it out.

I think both are possible, so people should really stop doing c) go
ahead and change only one of the two anyway.

We have a good maintainer for these plugins that's willing to fix every
issue, so we should respect his wishes as maintainer for that part of
the code.

And I'm not just saying this because he's my boss :) So please, fix it
properly or file a bug and have him fix it properly.

Thomas

You are going to get every square inch of your ass kicked.