[gst-devel] gst-player compiling

Johan Dahlin johan at fluendo.com
Thu Jul 22 02:09:04 CEST 2004

> Can anybody help me to compile gst-player ?
[...]
> checking for 	gstreamer-play-0.8 >= 0.8.2.1         gstreamer-interfaces-0.8
> >= 0.8.2.1 	gstreamer-gconf-0.8 >= 0.8.2.1... Package gstreamer-play-0.8 was
> not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-play-0.8.pc'
> No package 'gstreamer-play-0.8' found
> configure: error: you need gstreamer development packages installed !
>   configure failed

You need to have pkg-config files (.pc) from gst-plugins, they are
usually found in the -dev package. I'm not sure how debian splits stuff,
but something like libgstreamer-plugins0.8-dev would make sense.
Try to install that package.

Maybe the debian developers decided to split up play aswell, if so you
need to install the libgstreamer-play0.8-dev (or similar)

--
Johan Dahlin <johan at fluendo.com>