[gst-devel] gst-player compiling

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Thu Jul 22 15:08:13 CEST 2004

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 11:54:31AM +0300, Alexander Buloichik wrote:
> Hi, All !
>
> Can anybody help me to compile gst-player ?
>
> I tried to run ./autogen.sh on my Debian/testing box, but this error was
> displayed :
>
>     Package gstreamer-play-0.8 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>
> I can't see gstreamer-play-0.8.pc.

There's a really cool utility called 'apt-file' that searches for
files in (potentially uninstalled) packages.  I use it quite a bit
to find packages corresponding to .pc files.

gromit:~$ apt-file search gstreamer-play-0.8.pc
libgstreamer-plugins0.8-dev: usr/lib/pkgconfig/gstreamer-play-0.8.pc
gromit:~$

dave...