[gst-devel] multifilesink and proposal to merge it with filesink

Zaheer Abbas Merali zaheerabbas at merali.org
Thu Jul 22 15:06:03 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 17:32 +0200, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi Zaheer,

Hi Ronald,

> On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 21:45, Zaheer Abbas Merali wrote:
> > I just committed multifilesink into gst-plugins.
>
> several developers commented on the overload of plugins in gst-plugins
> being added recently. Could you consider keeping this plugin private to
> your application since it's mostly using application-specific
> interfaces?

I committed it on the basis of proposing the small changes of adding new
media support to filesink.  Also, there have been people on irc asking
if such a plugin exists so it would not be unique to one particular
application.

I do not understand what you mean by "application-specific interfaces".

However, if there is a general concensus that filesink should not have
the additions that I have added to make multifilesink, and that the
plugin is not worth keeping..then i will remove it from gst-plugins.

If the concensus is for the changes to be added to filesink, then I will
also remove it as it will become redundant when filesink has the
functionality.

Remember also that multifilesrc is in gst-plugins and does not have a
twin until my commit :)

Take Care

--
Zaheer Abbas Merali <zaheerabbas at merali.org>