[gst-devel] gst-player configuration how-to?

Frank Zago fzago at austin.rr.com
Sat Jul 24 02:51:05 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've written a v4l2 driver for my usb webcam and I'm using gstreamer to test it
(it's the only app that supports the jpeg images returned by the camera).

The following command works well:
gst-launch v4l2src ! asfmux ! filesink location=ffff.asx

However, when I try gst-player I don't get anything. I'm not even sure how to
configure it. How do I tell it to use the v4l2 plugin?

I'm using gst-player-0.8.0, gst-plugins-0.8.2 and gstreamer-0.8.3.

Frank.