[gst-devel] Newbie question

Fabio Bizzi bizzi at albacom.net
Mon Jul 26 08:31:04 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm new in gstreamer and I'm triyng to learn about it to develop
multimedia applications on Linux.

First of all I'm triyng to compile the "helloworld2.c" example
referenced in
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter-hello2.html#AEN993
Here I get troubles, when I compile the source with the command line
referenced in the same web page :

gcc -Wall `pkg-config gstreamer-0.8 --cflags --libs` helloworld2.c -o
helloworld2

i get the following error messages

helloworld2.c: In function `gst_play_have_type':
helloworld2.c:13: error: `GstAutoplug' undeclared (first use in this
function)
helloworld2.c:13: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
helloworld2.c:13: error: for each function it appears in.)
helloworld2.c:13: error: `autoplug' undeclared (first use in this function)
helloworld2.c:34: warning: implicit declaration of function
`gst_autoplug_factory_make'
helloworld2.c:37: warning: implicit declaration of function
`gst_autoplug_to_renderers'
helloworld2.c:37: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast

I've seen that gstautoplug.h is not present in the include dir of
gstreamer (in fedora core 2 is in /usr/include/gstreamer/gst).

The system where I work is a fedora core 2 complete installation with
freshrpms rpms and fully updated.

So, How can i compile the autoplug example under fedora core 2 ???

Thanks a lot!

Ciao.

	Fabio.

--