[gst-devel] webcam framerate

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Jun 9 04:35:18 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've commited my webcam framerate detection/negotiating code to v4l.
It's only used when it detects a webcam, ie normal bttv operation
shouldn't be affected.

Ronald, I set it to the lowest framerate possible (which is 4.6....) but
I can clearly see I'm only having half of that framerate.  With Wim's
smokeenc we also see that half of the frames are just duplicates.  I ran
xawtv without changing the settings and that one gives me the full
framerate.  Do you have any idea what could be causing this ?

Thanks
Thomas