[gst-devel] RE: Win 32 build of 0.8.3

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Jun 14 01:21:10 CEST 2004

Marc VanDaele a écrit :
> Right now, I assume that glib-2.0.dll might also be built with an incorrect
> .def file.
> 1) The error
> 	(process:1500): GLib-CRITICAL **: file gutils.c: line 501: assertion
> `file_name
> 	!= NULL' failed
>    at startup is also underneath a glib call (g_get_home_dir in gst.c).

I fixed this debug information. It's a annoyance in GLib. The Win32 code
doesn't check for a NULL pointer and goes too far to use it. I will post
a new dev-env package soon with the fix.

> 2) In addition, when calling gst-register, I now get a crash in the
> 	dir = g_dir_open (dirname, 0, NULL);
>    after executing
>       dir =
>           g_build_filename ((const char *) iter->data, "register-scripts",
>           NULL);
>    because there exists no ./register-scripts

I fixed this crash. It was also due to GLib that was build with NLS
(Native Language Support or something like that), but it crashes
miserably with this option (and provided DLLs). So I recompiled it
without this option AND debug info. So it's possible now to browse
inside GLib for possible problems using MSVC :D

With this, I almost manage to create a basic registry.
It was created in
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.gstreamer-0.8\registry.xml.tmp
But failed to overwrite the registry.xml file that was already there :/
I'll check this later on. But now GStreamer-win32 is almost in a usable
state (from a dev perspective).