[gst-devel] volume plugin usage...

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Jun 14 03:11:03 CEST 2004

Hi Stoyan,

> I need to use volume control in my app. I saw that
> there is a volume plugin in gst-plugins. I want to
> know how to use it, if it is possible at all. Any help
> will be usefull. Any example would be fine. I red all
> the manuals and API references but nothin in it about
> volume.

It's a standard element, you can check the signals it can fire and the
object properties it takes with gst-inspect.

gst-inspect volume tells you that it takes a "volume" object property
that you can set between 0 and 4.  1 is "don't change".

I wrote a small GTK demo app just for you which now lives in
gst-plugins/gst/volume.  Compile and run it and try it out.

> Please help me, this is my 3-rd time I am writting to
> yuo and still no answear.

Your first question was on Friday :) Give people some time to reply,
sometimes they do stuff over the weekend other than hacking.

As for your other questions, I wish I could help you, but I don't know
sdlvideosink.  I'd appreciate it a lot however if you would take some
time to look over it and tell us what we're doing wrong, because I'd
like it to be as good as the others.  Maybe you should read the
ximagesink code and ask us which parts you don't understand ? That way
we can help you on your way to fixing sdlvideosink...

Thomas

When you're on the outside baby and you can't get in
I will show you
you're so much better than you know