[gst-devel] factory->type = 0

Marc VanDaele Marc_VanDaele at Jabil.com
Tue Jun 15 01:41:09 CEST 2004

Hello,

In the Win32 build, I'm currently trying to get HelloWorld working
(replacing mad and osssink by filesink).
I observe the following
1. gst_element_factory_find ("pipeline") 	in gstelementfactory.c
returns a factory with a valid  factory->type
2. gst_scheduler_factory_find("opt") 	in gstscheduler.c 	returns a
factory with factory->type=NULL
3. gst_element_factory_find ("filesrc") 	in gstelementfactory.c
returns a factory with factory->type=NULL

Any idea where to start looking/debugging? Where does factory->type get
filled in?

Note that, when I replace (in 2.) factory->type with the value returned by
gst_scheduler_factory_get_type, the program seems to continue fine.

Any input appreciated,

Marc