[gst-devel] win32 build works fine

Marc VanDaele Marc_VanDaele at Jabil.com
Tue Jun 15 06:04:06 CEST 2004

Hello Steve,

After changing the working directory (properties/debugging) to ./Debug,
everything was fine. (so the factories, as reported in a previous mail, got
correct factory->type)
The xml files have paths relative to ./Debug and the working directory
defaults to the directory where the project file is located.

Next I ran into a crash in gst_bin_add_many
This was caused because GST_CAT_DEFAULT was declared external in gstinfo.h
but not part of the .def file.
I added it in there and modified gstinfo.h to
	GSTREAMER_EXPORT GstDebugCategory *	GST_CAT_DEFAULT;

Next I didn't get 0x1000 bytes back from the read in gstfilesrc.c
which resulted in an unexpected end-of-stream.
Adding O_BINARY to the Open solved this one.
  src->fd = open (src->filename, O_RDONLY|O_BINARY);
Similarly, I added "b" to "wb" in the gstfilesink.c (fopen).

Now the helloworld (with filesink replacing mad/osssink) works fine.
Now I can use this to get acquainted with gstreamer.

I assume you apply these changes to CVS?

Thanks for your help,

Marc
PS: gst-launch still doesn't work (see earlier mail) in my environment