[gst-devel] Current Status of WinStreamer ?

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Jun 27 05:47:08 CEST 2004

Hi,

can anybody give me a short update on the status of the Windows port of
Gstreamer ? Its essential for us to be able to release a first working
binary of it, and as soon as possible, to show that there has been some
progress on achieving our goals.

I dont expect a lot of functionality for it yet, if it can play or
convert WAV into MP3, this would be enough for a start IMHO. There are
dozens of Windows multimedia programmers who are still searching for a
x-platform alternative to DirectShow, and i believe that the message
that there is work being done on such an alternative, and completely
opensource, would hit the development scene like a hammer !

Speaking of the timing, we shouldnt launch and publish WinStreamer in
the summer break, so we either get this out before middle of July, or we
spare it for beginning of September IMO.

Regards

Christian
matroska project admin