[gst-devel] ffmpeg troubles

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Mar 2 07:08:23 CET 2004

Hi,

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> One of the reasons I wanted to move to gst-ffmpeg was precisely to fix
> silly crap like this.  As for a solution, I suggest we use quilt.  If
> nobody objects, I'll put that in right away :)

I already use quilt, so I didn't get this multi-patch thing. I've got some
weird set of symlinks lying around here. Anyway, go ahead.

(And I still don't like this gst-ffmpeg thing as a long-term solution.)

Jan, the patches are applied during make, which is why everything goes
wrong. Currently, it does:

./configure
patch
make

It should do:

if (CVS) {
  do_autogen_sh=0
  check if checkout is the same as the wanted one. if (not) {
    do_autogen_sh=1
    checkout
  }
  check if patches applied. if (not) {
    patch
  }
  if (do_autogen_sh) {
    ./autogen.sh --no-configure
  }
}
./configure as part of gst-ffmpeg's configure (AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS)
make (as part of gst-ffmpeg's make, with gst-libs/ext/ffmpeg
SUBDIRS=ffmpeg)

It's the first part where I'm having issues; I guess it should be done in
the AC_FFMPEG_SLURP() macro, but I don't know much about that. I'm hoping
for Thomas to point me in the right direction so I can fix this and we can
release a new version.

Ronald