[gst-devel] Re: [Gstreamer-bugs] [Gstreamer] Request for bug-squad reporting guidelines

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Tue Mar 2 13:53:11 CET 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 04:13:33PM -0500, Chris Davidson wrote:
> Requested information guidelines:
>
> 	We are looking for a short, bulleted list, of 4 items or less. One of
> these items could be a link to another page with more detailed
> guidelines, if you feel more elaboration is needed. If you would like
> some other kind of special guidelines, please feel free to contact the
> bug-squad about it (gnome-bugsquad at gnome.org).

- If the crash is related to a specific media file, please ask the
  user to provide a link to it.  (Or other means of accessing it)

- If the backtrace in the thread where it actually crashed is in a
  gst_ function, it's probably a gstreamer bug (this applies to
  crashes in gst-player, rhythmbox, totem, etc., that use gstreamer)

- It is often useful to have full debugging information compressed and
  attached to the bug.  One can get debugging info by adding
  --gst-debug-level=5 to the application command line and redirecting
  to a file.

- If the bug came from rhythmbox, assign it back to rythmbox.  (just
  kidding)

dave...