[gst-devel] Ogg, Spider, and Volume not working together

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Sat Mar 6 05:44:02 CET 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, John Thacker wrote:

> filesrc location=test.ogg ! spider ! osssink
> is still static.  Fine with alsasink and esdsink.

works fine here in any case.
Could you run the osssink test with -v and send the output along if it
still doesn't work?

> filesrc location=test.ogg ! spider ! audioconvert ! osssink
> is fine.  Also fine with esdsink.  Massive distortion with alsasink.

eek. Ok, I did quite some more fixing with audioconvert. This one works
now, too.

> filesrc location=test.ogg ! spider ! volume ! esdsink
> is fine.  osssink and alsasink are static.

They work all now.

> Putting audioconvert after volume yields static with all the sinks,
> regardless of there being another audioconvert before volume.

This works in every case now, too.

> Also, as before, everything works perfectly fine with all sinks using
> vorbisfile instead, even when ! volume is used.

Yeah, that's because vorbisfile does a forced conversion to
44100kHz/stereo/16bit

Did I now catch everything?

Benjamin