[gst-devel] MPEG playback "fixed"

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Mon Mar 8 15:51:10 CET 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 07:28:50PM +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> So, I dug in deep today to check why MPEG video doesn't play back
> correctly, but AVI does.  I compared two log files.
>
> What happens is that in the MPEG case, the core ends up fixating one of
> the links to 1000 Hz.
>
> The pad being negotiated in the MPEG case, though, is
> mpeg2dec:user_data.  No wonder it can't fixate :) I'm not sure why this
> pad is being used for negotiation at all.  In any case, I removed it for
> now so people can fix this bug first.

This appears to be because spider decides that user_data is an
audio pad, and connects it to the audio sink.  Once this is done,
the core attempts to negotiate some format, regardless of the
fact that it makes no sense.

I don't really what to do with it.  Perhaps spider could be a
bit smarter about connecting ANY pads.

dave...