[gst-devel] media-info, and old streaminfo tags

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Mar 9 03:38:08 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 22:03, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 12:03, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > A similar one I'll be going for is to add a "release-device"
> > property on the sinks so our applications (like rhythmbox/jamboree for
> > example) do not use the silly hack that sets audiosinks to NULL, causing
> > PAUSE/PLAY not to work.
>
> How is this going to work, by the way, since the GConf key returns a
> bin?  The only way I can think of is to have a bin catch all property
> settings on it, and search its contents for elements which have that
> property.  This is obviously pretty ugly...

just use osssink release-device=true in gconf as the audiosink.
RB and jamboree should set the output bin to paused or ready by default
anyway, not to NULL.  Then the user can choose between "give me the
feature of releasing the device, even though gst doesn't like it" or
"have what gst considers correct behaviour".

Does that sound ok ?

Thomas

I never felt so out of control
You don't even know what you're doing to me
Come on and do it to me
don't you stop