[gst-devel] media-info, and old streaminfo tags

Richard Hult richard at imendio.com
Wed Mar 10 13:40:07 CET 2004

tis 2004-03-09 klockan 20.55 skrev Colin Walters:

> Speaking for Rhythmbox, I know we'll take flack because we don't provide
> a stop button, so the only way a user has to release the device is to
> close Rhythmbox.  I'm not sure about other applications, but I imagine
> they're similar.

My main problem (speaking for Jamboree) is actually that either esound
or esdsink seems to have a bug where it blocks other esd apps when in
PAUSED state. If that would work, then I'd be pretty much happy to just
ask people to either use esd or get a better sound card.

> I do think we should look seriously at fixing this in some way (even
> if it's a hack) in the 0.8 timeframe, after 0.8.0.

Agreed, that would be nice if it's possible.

/Richard

Richard Hult                    richard at imendio.com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com