[gst-devel] How to debug the gstreamer code flow?

vishy S vishy_s1976 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Mar 11 04:28:29 CET 2004

Dear friends,

I have some basic questions. Please bare me.

I need details on the profiling the Gstreamer core.
Also is the gst-launch is the only way to test the
gstreamer?

I want to undersand the Gstreamer code by going
through the code flow. How do i do this? What i can
understand the gstreamer is a Library and can be
included in our code. But if I want to
optimize/modify, i need to understand the code flow.
How will I see the code flow?
Also how to profile this code. Is it possible to test
Gstreamer core (no plugins) alone?

Any inputs are most helpful for me.

Thanks and regards
-vishy-