[gst-devel] How to debug the gstreamer code flow?

vishy S vishy_s1976 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Mar 12 02:46:15 CET 2004

Benjamin,

Thank you for the useful information.

Do you mean to say that the target system should have
the entire Gstreamer framework code to run the
multimedia applications? I believe in compilation time
we can opt the dependent parts of Gstreamer and make
them part of media player application binary file.
Please clarify me on what happens during the
compillation time. Anyway the OS related
dependencies/packages needs to be taken care at the
time of OS installation.

Also as i am new to Linux, I am facing lot of problems
Gstreamer installation. Is there are document that
explains the correct Installation process. Readme is
useful, but a more ellaborate documents on DOs and
Don'ts might be useful. And if there are documents on
using the examples plugins provided will be useful. As
the documents are less new people are kind of needs
more time to begin with Gstreamer.

Als a list of all OS dependencies/packages required by
 a perticular Gstreamer version will be great help.
Once be come comfirtable i think i can write all these
documents. If somebody has done this, please share
with me.

Thank you for your time. I appreciate your
helpfulness.

Regards,
-Vishy

--- Benjamin Otte <in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de>
wrote: > GStreamer doesn't do anything without
plugins. Every