[gst-devel] Adder plugin

Jonathan Giannuzzi psyduck at altern.org
Fri Mar 12 09:28:05 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm new to GStreamer and am trying to develop a "DJ" application. So for
mixing multiple audio streams, I use the "adder" element.

But when using it with GStreamer 0.6.4 with the opt scheduler, the first
channel stops playing after some seconds (giving an eos). Seems ok, but the
first channel is a 3 minutes song! Using basicgthread, it works ok.

So, I'm wondering if it has to do with the "Why MPEG fails" thread?

Anyway, I tried GStreamer 0.7.5, 0.7.6 and cvs from yesterday. With these
versions, the "adder" does'nt work at all! Nothing! With every schedulers!
Except for opt, which gives me silence...

I used a very simple example with only two filesrc, two decoders, the adder,
and an audiosink. But I've got the same results using
gstreamer/examples/mixer/mixer.c ...

I sent this to the mailing-list because I was always bugging Thomas with this
on IRC, and felt it would be nicer to not bother him ;-)

Any help greatly appreciated :-)

--
Jonathan Giannuzzi