[gst-devel] why MPEG fails

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Fri Mar 26 08:19:06 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 14:17, Ramón García wrote:
> The most general solution would be, in my opinion,
> that the scheduler uses cothreads, and when
> gst_element_wait() is invoked, the scheduler can
> switch to another pending task.

gst_element_wait is only for waiting on an element in another thread. To
wait on an element in your own thread, use wait_async. Perhaps the docs
are unclear on this point.

In any case, the use of cothreads for scheduling is a choice of an
individual scheduler, not the scheduling framework as a whole.
--
Andy Wingo <wingo at pobox.com>