[gst-devel] Distributed pipelines with gstreamer

Yogesh Kumar yog_ks at rediffmail.com
Tue Mar 16 05:19:05 CET 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

Hi Ronald,
thank you very much for your reply. I 've got few more queries here.
Please read on..

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 Ronald Bultje wrote :
>Hi Yogesh,
>
>On 15 Mar 2004, Yogesh Kumar wrote:
> > Are there ways to create a pipleine that spans across multiple
> > machines?
>
>We have network elements: tcpsrc/tcpsink and udpsrc/udpsink. I suppose
>that for distributed work, you want tcpsrc/tcpsink. udpsrc/udpsink is more
>suited for real-time streaming.

Do we have stable RTP/RTCP source/sink elements support in
gstreamer yet?
If not, what and how much work has to be done to support it?
We want to send some media data from one machine to another
with frame rate control and do some transformation of the stream and then pass it on to another machine. Would this be feasible with the
current udp/tcp/rtc/ source and sink support? We are trying to ascertain
what amount of effort 'd be required to add this distributed multimedia processing to gstreamer.

thank you
Yogesh