future of ABIs (was Re: [gst-devel] amarok)

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Mar 16 08:34:03 CET 2004

Hi,

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> Without a video editor, composing program, a
> streaming server or anything that really pushes GStreamer more than just "play
> this file", how will we ever find out if the APIs we invented are good enough
> for the stuff we imagined they do?

I've been quiet about this, but we're using GStreamer extensively in the
company I work for. We do media streaming (ok, via HTTP), we do media
re-encoding, scene splitting to new files, media filtering etcetera. I can
assue you that all those basic functions work. From my tests so far, I'd
say that creating a row of scenes (the basis of a video editor) is easily
possible using our current featureset.

Ronald